Audemars Piguet: A Timepiece Every Collector Should Have 2021
Fashionable watches have become an important part of many wardrobes today. Every timepiece is turned into a priceless work of art by channeling its unique allure and exquisite qualities. Each piece is meant to inspire and enhance personal style and image while also providing visual pleasure. To project a worldly and stylish image is to wear a high-end wristwatch. Watches have long been regarded as a status symbol, and they continue to exude the same stunning elegance.
Audemars Piguet (AP) was founded in 1875 and is a Swiss luxury watchmaker. Tiffany, Cartier, and Bulgari rebranded Audemars Piguet watches and sold them under their names. The Audemars and Piguet families have been associated with the AP company continuously since 1882. The iconic Royal Oak, crafted by Gérald Genta, is the brand’s most well-known product. Let’s check more about this timepiece that gives great aesthetic pleasure to its collectors.
Audemars Piguet Suits Your Budget
Audemars Piguet designs timepieces that blend modern and antique design elements seamlessly. Choosing a high-end timepiece can be challenging, but it is more than worth it. Today, the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is most likely worn by more actors, artists, athletes, and other well-known people than any other watch.
The Royal Oak is a big watch with a long history and a striking octagonal style. It is widely regarded as the first luxury sports watch. Built as a last-ditch effort to save the brand during the quartz crisis, the radical Royal Oak was launched in 1972, seeking to fill a void in the market. This strategy seems to have succeeded, as the watch now has an iconic status and a price tag to match. The price of a Royal Oak watches ranges from under $20,000 to well over $200,000. The price point at Wrist Enthusiast can be anywhere within this range, allowing you to choose one that suits your budget.
Audemars Piguet Watches on Celebrities
Many celebrities use the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak timepiece. Here are a few famous and recent celebrity sightings wearing one and the Audemars Piguet Watches for 2021.
- John Mayer
He wears a retro perpetual that became very popular after he was spotted wearing it.
- Steph Curry
He wears a classic-looking gold version of the Royal Oak watch.
- Justin Bieber
The Canadian singer-songwriter has a classic-style gold version of the AP Royal Oak, which he bought for himself as a birthday present.
- Will Smith
The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak in a no-frills classic version is worn by this well-known star.
- Damian Lewis
On stage and in real life, this Billions actor wears a special version of the AP Royal Oak.
- The Royal Oak Offshore
Audemars Piguet: A Timepiece Every Collector Should Have 2021
The Royal Oak Offshore Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Flyback Chronograph demonstrates dedication to high-end complications and the artistry needed to produce each green Tapisserie dial with a sunburst design.
- A brand new 43 mm case diameter, paving the way for a new generation.
- There is a limited-edition variant in 18ct rose gold with matching hour-markers and hands.
- The case has developed optimum ergonomics and aesthetics, while the dial exposes the muscular architecture of the modern hand-finished to the movement of the nine.
- The hour-makers and hands-on titanium watches are made of white gold.
- The automatic Calibre 2950, the newest version of the Audemars Piguet flying tourbillon, is fitted to all three.
- It does not have an upper bridge, allowing for views of the escapement, controlling organ, and cage in motion.
- With only 100 watches available.
The Royal Oak Jumbo Extra-Thin
- It has a stunning smoked green dial that changes color depending on the sun. In the dim light, it’s a dark forest green, but in direct sunlight, it’s lighter emerald green.
- The slim 39mm x 8.1mm case is such a classic shape, and it sits comfortably on the wrist, with the platinum weight exuding a tactile sense of luxury.
- The 39mm timepiece is encased in a complete 950 platinum shell, making it the first in the world to do so.
- The external finishing is completely top-notch, as predicted, and representative of the AP’s artistry and watchmaking know-how.
- The self-winding Manufacture Calibre 2121, which powers the hours, minutes, and date, is combined with this dressier version of the Royal Oak to create an extremely streamlined and elegant take on the classic.
- Its weight is quite evenly distributed.
The Royal Oak Selfwinding Chronograph
- The green “Grande Tapisserie” dial is subtle, with a rich dark tone that complements the yellow gold case and bracelet perfectly.
- A case made of 18-carat yellow gold with a green Grande Tapisserie dial.
- A 41mm case, is operated by the self-winding manufacturer Calibre 2385, which, in addition to the chronograph feature, also powers the hours, minutes, small seconds, and date.
- The flashy 41mm watch also proudly displays the “Audemars Piguet” name in 24-carat gold on the dial.
- as well as a “Limited Edition” engraving on its solid case back. This timepiece will be produced in a limited edition of 125 pieces.
- The Jumbo in platinum is a slightly larger and thicker watch.
- The yellow gold also reflects the top-tier external finishing.
Royal Oak Concept by Audemars Piguet Flying Tourbillon of Black Panther
- The concept “Black Panther” Flying Tourbillon is a marvel of a limited edition.
- The white gold Black Panther figure is incredibly complex.
- The movement’s bevelled bridges are also beautifully finished.
- The 42-mm case of the watch is made of 18k white gold .
- Features a hand-engraved motif inspired by its namesake, Marvel’s Black Panther, aka Prince T’Challa of the futuristic, fictional African nation of Wakanda.
- On the dial, the character is entirely rendered as a carved, hand-painted 3D figure in the same white gold as the case.
- Strapped to the wrist with a purple rubber band and secured with an 18k white gold folding clasp.
- It is a much more wearable and convenient metal to have on your wrist all day.
- A limited-edition of 250 pieces of the “Black Panther” Flying Tourbillon.
- The watch would cost 150,000 Swiss francs.
- Hand-painted details on the Black Panther figure, as well as a fully engraved case and bezel.
The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is the ultimate luxury sports watch. With such high demand for such watches these days, there’s no denying the growing interest of watch enthusiasts in Audemars Piguet and its Royal Oak collections and the growing interest of flippers, buyers, and investors in Audemars Piguet and its Royal Oak collections.
The Audemars Piguet collections, despite the high-end models, there are a variety of entry-level models available, highlighting the wide range of timepieces available to both first-time buyers and seasoned collectors. With top-of-the-line models with tourbillons, perpetual calendars, and minute repeaters can be found in this luxury watch range.