My friends, Help Desk software is a software application developed to capture, track and maintain customer inquiries online. It is a single point of contact for customer problems and their solutions.
It is a software application developed for service people to keep track of their customer requests, and as a result, they can deal with customer issues very quickly.
This facility provided by the companies to the clients, in turn, increases the client’s interest in the business deals as this software application handles a lot of work for the client.
Gone are the days when business was mostly done face-to-face and customer service people had to visit each customer individually to solve their problems, wasting time, money, and effort.
Friends, however, the introduction of help desk software has changed the way of doing business, managing tickets online, automating most suites, and gaining accuracy in reporting and optimization.
Help desk software has become a point for customers and employees to get in touch with any issues. It is designed with many good features to solve customer problems, and today it is becoming a necessity for all customers.
There are many help desk ticketing software types, such as basic help desks, enterprise help desks, open-source help desks, etc.
Features of help desk solutions:
- It has a ticket management system that is responsible for saving and maintaining customer queries in tickets and tracking them.
- It also has a built-in knowledge base or self-service feature that will consist of many frequently asked questions for customer queries.
- And it supports an intelligent automation mechanism that automates repetitive and predictable tasks, including frequently asked questions that customers keep asking to save time.
- It supports a smooth onboarding process, so businesses can integrate with social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get feedback on their products.
Benefits of help desk ticketing software
The main benefits are:
- With the help desk system, work progress can be more efficient as customers can submit their problems quickly and resolve them quickly, thus increasing productivity.
- It is a multitasking software as it allows staff to categorize and organize issues based on priority.
- It is highly customizable. Therefore customers can make modifications per their business requirements to improve business access.
- It has an auto-assign feature, so tickets are automatically prioritized and assigned to the concerned team for resolution.
As we know, with everything good, there are certain limitations and weaknesses.
Help desk applications also have certain disadvantages:
- Sometimes the quality of the knowledge database has become a big question about the reliability of this software. Will it integrate easily with the existing knowledge base?
- Sometimes it can be challenging to use this software and its learning curves.
- If the customer is adding a new ticketing system, both the customer and the staff can familiarize themselves with the application flow to have a smooth process.
- A considerable investment needs to be made in this software; subsequently, updating them will cost a lot of money.
- Some programs have some essential features even after paying good money for them.
In addition to pleasing your customers, you must also provide a productive and efficient work environment for your employees.
It’s crucial because today, everyone uses many systems, resources, and tools, and problems can arise at any time in those systems. And if they are not handled in time, they can lead to inefficiencies and risks that can affect your business operations.
What does IT help desk software do?
A service desk software emphasizes end users, but IT help desk software is as much for employees as it is for customer support. So when you start your search for an IT help desk software solution, don’t forget to ask what exactly it does.
Also, IT help desk software has a ticket management system that creates a ticket when a user submits a new case. Aggregates all relevant user incident data, and enables the help desk team to manage requests and respond to issues faster. You can do things like:
- Manage requests
- Handling of problems and incidents
- Used in agent workspaces and mobile agents
- For employee support
Key Features of IT Help Desk Software
IT help desk software organizes and manages all support issues and requests systematically through a ticket system. Help support agents resolve issues faster by tracking them to a fix.
How much does it cost to outsource the help desk?
IT help desk outsourcing can help businesses save a lot of money and benefit their bottom line. Plus, it helps them stay productive and gives them a lot of technical expertise. However, if you opt for an in-house team, you will have to incur a lot of costs for hiring developers and technicians, to build tools.
Friends, it will cost hundreds and thousands of dollars. But if you outsource your help desk, you can save significantly. However, the cost is difficult to estimate as different companies have different needs. Most organizations adopt a basic package of help desk services with basic requirements. But other companies may have complex requirements like cyber security management, cloud hosting management, and others.
The cost of outsourcing IT help desk software can range from $10 to $100 per month depending on the provider you choose or the level of services.
Many ITSM solutions are available on the market, each with its strengths and weaknesses. It could complicate the decision-making process, making it more challenging to choose the best option when an organization invests in ITSM software.
What does an IT help desk service do?
- Acts as a single point of contact (SPOC) for technical support.
- Assists in acquiring, installing, and configuring IT devices and software.
- Provides information and technical instructions to users.
- Follow up and channel incidents through the help desk software.
- Perform essential incident and problem management.
- Solves user access and permissions issues.
- It facilitates the diagnosis and repair of damaged devices.
- Manages a knowledge base of the known problems and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Provide self-service options for end-users.
IT support services can be structured in a distributed or centralized way and provided by company personnel or an external provider. Many large companies have multiple support services, a network of providers, and subject matter experts.
The need for your software to strictly adhere to ITIL processes will depend on the size of your company. Help desk solutions that perform incident management without formalized processes for other ITIL disciplines are limited to getting the customer back up and running as quickly as possible. While adhering to ITIL has the advantage of leveraging “out-of-the-box” processes built on known best practices, there is also the risk of introducing unnecessary ITIL overhead for many organizations.
Companies that have implemented help desk software will tell you that the important thing is to find a solution that offers you the degree of sophistication you need. That means you must include the ability to “turn off” those different processes and features you don’t need or aren’t ready for yet.