How do I get a Society of Engineers in Dubai (SOE) card?
How do I get a Society of Engineers (SOE) card in Dubai?
The society is a semi- government sector and a non profit organization who strives to provide great services to its 40,000 members. Society Of Engineer – UAE celebrates its 30 years of exceptional service to the public.
For renewal, you can register on the website and pay electronically. 4- After registering on the website, await the approval. After approval, you can make the e-payment on our website or pay cash at our office. If you are sending a PRO to do the payment, he is required to present the Emirates ID copy of the engineer.
To apply for a PE license, you should be a 4-year degree graduate from an ABET accredited school. If the degree was obtained from another country, the program has to be evaluated by an independent evaluation body and certified that it meets the requirements before you can apply for your PE license.
You must complete four steps to become a licensed Professional Engineer:
- Graduate from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Pass the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Work as an engineer for four years.
- Pass the Professional Engineering (PE) exam (you cannot take the PE exam without first passing the FE exam).
Requirements for SOE Card:
- Original Passport
- Valid UAE Visa (Should be Engineer Category Eg: Civil Engineer, Project Engineer, etc)
- Original Emirates ID
- Passport Size Photo
- BE/BTech Certificate (Should be attested from home country and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE) (Note: If the certificates are not in English or Arabic, there should be a Legal translation of certificates)
- Each semester mark list and consolidated mark list (Attestation not required)
- 3 years of experience certificate for B-tech graduates. (If the certificates are not from UAE, must be attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE)
- SOE will not accept cards, only cash.
- You need to submit all your semester mark lists.
- If you are submitting any UAE experience certificates, you need to show your same company visa also. So if your passport changed during the period, keep the old passport for proof.
How to apply:
You can apply through the website http://www.soeuae.ae or directly at the SOE office in Dubai (Location).
There are two ways of applications there:
Online application: If you are applying online, you will get an mail for an appointment.
Then you can go to the SOE office and submit your documents. This will cost AED:230/-
Direct application: If you are directly head to the SOE Dubai office and submit your documents, then they will apply for you on SOE Portal.
But they will charge AED:200 for the application. So the total cost will be AED:430/-
There is a FAST TRACK SYSTEM also. If you pay AED:200 extra, you will get the card within 30 minutes.
How do I get a Society of Engineers (SOE) card in Dubai? 2020
you have to submit your original degree attested by all authorities of course including the ministry of foreign affairs, your passport, your emirates ID and the form for SOE attached with 2 passport size photos and their fees.
qualification is a bachelor’s in engineering medium.
What is the process of exams in the Dubai Municipality?
Following is required;
- You have to be registered with the Society of Engineers.
- Must be Graduate with Three years of experience.
- Diploma with Five years of experience.
- Company NOC.
- Dubai registered company.
- Categories are G+1, G+4, G+12 and Unlimited.
You heard correct if you want to be a licensed civil engineer in Dubai you have to write an exam for the Dubai municipality exam.
There are some certain procedure for it and are:
- Your degree in Civil engineering should be attested from the UAE embassy in your country.
- Come to Dubai on employment visa.
- Get your degree attested from the ministry of foreign affairs UAE.
- visit the ministry of higher education Dubai and get your equivalency letter for your secondary and higher secondary certificates.
- So, visit your country’s embassy in Dubai and get a genuineness certificate for your engineering degree.
- Visit ministry of interior to get first entry letter ( respective Emirates by which your visa is issued like my visa is of Sharjah.)
- Again visit the ministry of higher education and handover them all the certificates like equivalency, genuineness, your attested degree, first entry, etc. After that, they will send an equivalency letter for your Bachelor’s degree at your address.
- After getting a degree equivalency letter to visit the society of the engineer’s office and apply for membership, they will give you the membership card on the same day after paperwork.
- Now visit the municipality of related emirates and apply for an exam and they will give you a date for the exam.
- Attend the exam on a given date, the result will be declared on the same day.
- Congrats! Now you are a certified civil engineer in UAE, they will issue you a license that will be valid for two years and will be renewed in the future.
- you should have an employment civil engineer visa that can not apply by visit visa.
- You must have at least 3 years of working experience.
Friends, you can search in Google or you can go to the Dubai municipality and ask there. but I search for it for you.
First, you fill the online application of the Dubai municipality Requirements;
Valid trade license copy
Engineer passport copy with visa page attested educational certificates and 1 photo.
The certificate must be attested but U.A.E Embassy in the home country and U.A.E foreign affairs in U.A.E.
No objection letter from the sponsor of the engineer.
if the applicant is under other sponsorship or if he/she is on visit or tourist visa, the applying company can attach a request letter.
UAE engineers Asso. membership copy or undertaking letter stating that you will take the membership in UAE engineers Asso.
After passing the exam this personal letter and can be printed in the white paper.
- The application will be approved within 2 working days.
- And the municipality test fee around 410aed.
How do I get a Society of Engineers (SOE) card in Dubai?